Joint replacement surgery is a true wonder of modern medicine.When diseases like arthritis degrade joints in the hip, knee, shoulder or ankle–replacing the joint can add years of pain-free use and mobility.But it is a major orthopedic procedure that needs careful post-surgical care. And rehabilitation is the key component. Physical Therapy after a joint replacement is a challenging but rewarding experience.
Our therapists design individualized treatment programs designed to:
- Manage the pain of recovery
- Strengthen the repairing bone around the replaced joint
- Perform muscle education
- Build strong, healthy muscles
- Improve mobility and range of motion
- Train coordination, gait, and balance
- Restore confidence in the replaced joint
- Maximize early independence.
Common Joint Replacement We Treat:
- Total Shoulder & Reverse Total Shoulder
- Total and Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Hip (Anterior and Posterior Approach)
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Total Elbow Replacement